littleroot
bisexual
bar owner, drug manufacturer
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
a small, quiet world | c
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2024 5:22:15 GMT
Absinthe Blackwood Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","absinthe"]
[attr="class","body"]

the snake pit is not the bar you go to if you want to have a good time. it is small, it is cramped, and the bartender and owner has an attitude that few clients can put up with. however, it is the kind of bar you go to if you want to drink yourself into a stupor, if you want to forget. when a person walks in, the world outside of the snake pit ceases to exist. the door closes, and a patron is in another reality entirely for as long as their wallet can handle it.[break][break]

there are only a few tables, and each of them look like they haven't been reupholstered since they were made. the bar is cracked, scratched, and reeks of cigarette smoke. dim, flickering lights cast long shadows across the room, and the patrons are faceless and nameless. the walls, painted a dark, indeterminate color, are adorned with old, faded posters and obscure memorabilia, much of them depicting reptilian pokemon. the snake pit hosts no music, and whispered conversations and the clink of glasses are the only sounds that break the heavy silence.[break][break]

few clients stay for more than one drink unless they are of the clientele that the snake pit adheres to. the ambience is overwhelmingly dangerous, and patrons can owe that to the owner and bartender, absinthe. from four pm to 2 am every night, she assumes her post behind the bar, commanding her domain with what can only be described as the ruthless efficiency of a seasoned predator. she keeps careful note of every person who comes in and out of her world, all the while washing glasses and engaging in the endless minutiae that defines the duties of a small business owner. regulars mention her whenever speaking upon the snake pit in such a fashion: "she makes good drinks. just try not to look her in the eye." even better, there's no chance for her to spit in their drinks—not even her most dedicated patrons have seen absinthe's face beyond her eyes, owing to the dark mask always on her face.[break][break]

tonight is a slow one. weekdays are never particularly busy except for the usual lowlifes. as such, absinthe is unpacking bottles into her shelves, sorting glasses, and wiping the bar down in preparation for a lonely night. when the door chimes, indicating a new entry, absinthe's eyes raise, and their dark depths focus on the entrance. who could this be?

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".absinthe"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

stallas

hawkins, gil
masculine
january 15
unova, castelia city
heterosexual?
surgeon
grunt
the unavoidable sun weighs in my head
5'11", 180cm height
5'11", 180cm height
Why'd you crown the most violent to be champions?
awards
46 posts
Hawkins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hawkins
Hawkins
a small, quiet world | c
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2024 3:54:21 GMT
Hawkins Avatar
Lips are, at baseline, woefully loose; and inebriated lips make the shrillest squeak as they rub together their unkind truths.

Of the owner of the Snake Pit there are plenty. One long learns to put such rumors in the pocket, ready to extract them only when needed. So when he walks in he does not assume she will rise like a phoenix ready to burn his house down.

It’s only a possibility.

Hawkins makes his way over to the counter and takes a seat. Eyes like deadened nerves slide over to the barkeep expectantly, ignoring the other rumor about making eye contact.

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
a small, quiet world | c
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2024 16:01:08 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

ah, a brave one. absinthe’s eyes meet the wayside stranger’s from behind the bar.[break][break]

business has been booming, in no short part due to rocket’s patronage. without the need to coordinate the selling of her product, absinthe’s lab has become her second home. there are dark circles beneath her eyes, her cheeks are gaunt. the model of a starving snake, itching to constrict. but rocket also draws more and more ne’er-do-wells to her shores. nowadays, absinthe must play nice.[break][break]

absinthe turns away, focusing instead on wiping down the bar. the man has not turned to ash. a rumor has been felled.[break][break]

”will you be drinking?” wonders the barkeep aloud, voice muffled against her mask. ”or just staring?”[break][break]

her eyes flash. she meets the man’s stare once more.

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".absinthe b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".absinthe .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

stallas

hawkins, gil
masculine
january 15
unova, castelia city
heterosexual?
surgeon
grunt
5'11", 180cm height
5'11", 180cm height
awards
46 posts
Hawkins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hawkins
Hawkins
a small, quiet world | c
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2024 3:14:53 GMT
Hawkins Avatar
He does continue to stare; for just a few beats long enough to make one think that, perhaps, it is done on purpose, like a burr that hangs on to the prow of her snake-headed ship.

“I’m here for business. For our mutual benefactor.”

Pokedollars appear from between his fingertips. “Old Fashioned. Woodford Reserve. Grand Marnier. Neat.”

He waits until after he’s become a paying customer to drop the second, woefully unnecessary bit.

“...You’re unwell.”

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
a small, quiet world | c
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2024 4:23:05 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

unwell. broken. sick. rocket uses her, but isn't afraid to tell her that she isn't welcome in a civilized society. not anymore. absinthe scoffs as she takes the man's money. "aren't we all."[break][break]

the drink is made quickly and according to specification with no love or passion. perfect, if boring, in a pristine glass cup. absinthe slides it onto the bartop, and then busies herself with returning the ingredients to her shelves.[break][break]

"tell me your business," absinthe commands, her back to the stranger. "and do it quickly."

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

stallas

hawkins, gil
masculine
january 15
unova, castelia city
heterosexual?
surgeon
grunt
5'11", 180cm height
5'11", 180cm height
awards
46 posts
Hawkins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hawkins
Hawkins
a small, quiet world | c
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2024 2:44:42 GMT
Hawkins Avatar
No, he wants to say. He’s never felt unwell. That tiredness is just from a lack of sleep, even though he sleeps solidly every night. The way every wall seems dim is because the world has become a darker place, not because his eyes just don’t see clearly anymore.

How could she know that a drink that is exacting, without love or passion, is the only drink that doesn’t poison him?

“I have several prototype consumables. I have the materials. I lack the ability to refine them to safety standards for mass use. I need your assistance.”

close tab

played by

sunny.html

abby, lady taipan
she/her
31 years old
November 3rd
littleroot
bisexual
grunt
don't come back.
widowed
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
167 posts
part of
TAG WITH @absinthe
Absinthe Blackwood
a small, quiet world | c
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2024 3:44:34 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

his words are like music to her ears. her true passion, condensed into a few utilitarian words. absinthe's gaze sparkles as she turns to meet the man's eyes.[break][break]

"i can do it," she says, raking her sunken eyes across his face. "what are the desired effects?"[break][break]

she narrows her eyes, leaning forward on the bartop. "any unwanted side effects?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- n/a

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven